About the product
Sibelco ATH is characterised by:
- high purity
- high whiteness
- relatively low density (2.4g/cm3) compared to other mineral fillers (typically 2.7g/cm3)
- medium Mohs hardness of 3
- decomposition around 180oC, releasing water (making it an excellent halogen-free flame retardant)
Our range is available in four grades:
- Fine: products with a defined PSD, top cut, colour, oil absorption and BET - typically used in applications critical to surface defects, colour, impregnation or FR-performance, often replacing fine precipitated ATH-grades.
- Medium / Coarse: products with a defined PSD and relatively high bulk density- typically used in applications where ease of handling and cost are important.
- Low Viscosity: products optimised for low oil absorption values. Particle shape and PSD are optimised for maximum packing performance, enabling higher filler loading levels in different resin systems.
- Special: coarse E-grades with a steep particle size distribution, well controlled on top cut and demagnetised - especially suitable for encapsulation of electrical components.