The members of the Sibelco worldwide group of companies (Sibelco) are bound by the applicable local privacy laws. These privacy terms outline how Sibelco collects, uses, and handles personal information of third party individuals.
1. Collection of personal information
Sibelco may collect a range of information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities including without limitation personal information such as an individual’s:
- name, gender, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- experience and/or academic and professional qualifications;
- third party references;
- employment and income details;
- financial and payment information including bank account details;
- products and services that are provided to the individual by Sibelco;
- dealings with Sibelco, including records of telephone, email and online interactions;
- credit related personal information.
This information may be collected from an individual directly, from an individual’s representatives or from third parties, including without limitation credit reporting bodies.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
Sibelco uses personal information that it collects for business related purposes including without limitation negotiating and performing contracts, recruitment activities, managing accounts, assessing and managing credit or guaranteeing applications and accounts, communicating with an individual, supporting corporate social responsibility activities, legal, regulatory and internal investigations and debt administration.
Because Sibelco is a worldwide group of companies, personal information may be disclosed with any entity within the group worldwide. These entities are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are restricted from using it for any purpose other than the purposes set out in these privacy terms.
Sibelco only discloses personal information to external third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom Sibelco usually exchanges information include:
- credit providers and credit reporting bodies;
- an individual’s representatives;
- suppliers of services to Sibelco, including IT or software services, mailing services, billing debt recovery services, customer injury services and marketing services;
- Sibelco’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
prospective buyers or sellers of any of Sibelco’s businesses or assets;
- government and regulatory authorities;
Parties to whom Sibelco discloses personal information may be located in a country other than the country in which you are located. By agreeing to these privacy terms, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to a country other than the country in which you are located.
3. Use of the website and cookies
When you use the Sibelco website, certain standard information is collected that is sent by your browser to the Sibelco website. This includes information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, language, time zone setting, access times and any referring website addresses. This information is used to administer the Sibelco website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Other websites may be accessible via hyperlinks from the Sibelco website. Please note that other websites are not subject to these privacy terms. You should review the privacy terms of each website you access via hyperlinks from the Sibelco website to assess whether the privacy terms are satisfactory to you.
Sibelco takes reasonable steps to:
- prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information; and
- protect personal information from misuse or loss.
5. Access to personal information and general questions
You can contact Sibelco via email@example.com to:
- gain access to the personal information Sibelco holds about you; or
- request to update any personal information that Sibelco holds about you on the basis that it is not complete, accurate or up to date; or
- ask general questions about how Sibelco manages personal information or these privacy terms.
6. Updates to these privacy terms
These privacy terms may vary from time to time and changes will be published on this page.
Sibelco has tried to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of its inclusion, however the website and its content are provided entirely ‘as is’. Your use of this website, and your reliance on its content, is entirely at your own risk. Sibelco does not accept any liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or its content.
Unless otherwise indicated, we own the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content of this website. All trade marks appearing on this website belong to their respective owners.
Links from this site to other sites do not imply any endorsement of either the site owner or any information, opinions, goods or services referred to on the site. Sibelco accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any information on the site concerned.