The right grain, at the right place, at the right time
Filcom, a Sibelco company, is one of the largest producers of calibrated sand and gravel in Europe. Thanks to our monitored production processes, our products meet exact requirements, from material composition and grain size, to precise toxicological and microbiological properties.
We have two modern production facilities in strategic locations in the Netherlands. From the Randstad area and from Limburg, we have access to the whole world, both by road and by sea. Our wide variety of sand products can be delivered to you packaged or in bulk.
Markets & Applications
We supply quality products to a variety of markets. Our materials are primarily used in the following applications:
Whatever the task in hand, you can be confident that our products will be perfectly suited to your job and perform to the highest standards. Below is an non-exhaustive list of materials that we produce or distribute. Please contact us to discuss your requirements, request a technical datasheet or place an order. We’re here to help.
- Activated carbon
- Bunker sand
- Calcium carbonate (Hydrocalcite, Hydrolite Mg, Juraperle)
- Calibrated sand/ Filter sand
- Clay pellets
- Coloured quartz sand (Granucol R – Dorfner)
- Crushed gravel
- Dress sand
- Filter anthracite
- Fine-grained sand/Entzand
Quality & Certification
Filcom’s filter sand is produced in two modern factories, subject to constant laboratory checks. Our quality management system is compliant with ISO 9001:2015.
We provide certified sands in accordance with Assessment Directive BRL-K 240 (product certificate “Sand and gravel for the production of drinking water”) for our locations in Dessel and Wessem. This includes a Toxicological Aspects Certificate (ATA), issued by KIWA NV as the certifying authority.
We work with transporters who are BRL- K 15001 certified, upgrading our product certificate to ATA+, in accordance with BRL- K240. This represents the quality of the supply chain, chemicals and provision of drinking water. The KIWA process certificate for this is called KIWA ATD.
Our operations are compliant with the following international standards and regulations:
- ISA-P-002.1 requirements for unbound materials: sand for sand-based artificial pitches
- NEN-EN-ISO 12904: Materials for the treatment of water intended for human consumption – sand and gravel
- DIN 4924: filter sand and gravel for well construction
- Requirements of Labosport for infill for sand-based artificial pitches
- Requirements of NBRI for infill for sand-based artificial pitches
- ANSI/AWWA B100-09: standard for granular filter material
- ISO 9001:2015 (pdf 447KB)
- Kiwa Certificate-K106407 01 Filcom B.V. BRL K264 (pdf 152KB)
- Kiwa Certificate-K78183 03 BRL K240 Dessel (pdf 208KB)
- Kiwa Certificate-K2333 08 BRL K240 Wessem (pdf 180KB)
Sales Terms and Conditions
How can we help you?
Supported by our dedicated abrasives experts, we’ll work with you to understand your objectives and develop the right solutions.
With operations in more than 40 countries and an expansive logistics network, we can help you to meet local and global goals.
Please contact us to discuss your challenges and needs. We’re here to help.