That is why we have pledged ourselves to aSibelco diversity, inclusion and belonging charter
through which we commit to:
- foster an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and encourages our colleagues to bring their authentic selves to work
- be role models of this culture through our inclusive choices and behaviours
- set aspirational goals to challenge and inspire
- allocate clear responsibilities and deadlines to deliver on these targets
- communicate regularly and transparently on our successes and our challenges
- improve equal opportunities through our people processes
As a first step on our journey towards diversity, we have set ourselves an aspirational objective to increase both the proportion of female employees overall and the proportion of female leaders in our executive leadership team (the top 50 leaders in Sibelco) to at least 40% by 2025.
At Sibelco, all colleagues are encouraged to speak up and share their views. Our goal is to consistently improve our levels of employee engagement as measured by our regular employee surveys. We have been implementing targeted improvement plans since our most recent survey in 2019. Our next people survey is due in 2022.