Sibelco is committed to reducing pollution impacts from its operations on the environment. In New South Wales (NSW), Sibelco is regulated by the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, and by the nature of its operations is the holder of environment protection licences (EPLs) across most of its mining and processing sites in Australia.
Sibelco’s environmental management system drives continuous improvement in reducing adverse impacts on the environment. Through monitoring and the development of site-based pollution incident response management plans, Sibelco is able to facilitate efficient and effective response to pollution incidents. These plans identify the pollution hazards on-site, the proactive mitigation of risks and the response process in the event of a pollution incident.
A critical component of the pollution incident response process is the timely notification to relevant stakeholders, including regulatory authorities and neighbouring premises.
The following links provide access to Sibelco’s environmental monitoring data and pollution incident response management plans – public notification procedures, as required under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and the Protection of the Environment Operations (General) Regulation 2009. Data is available from March 2012 and is updated as received.
- Attunga (xls 874KB)
- BBR (xls 79KB)
- Charbon (xls 2.3MB)
- Galong (xls 231KB)
- Northern Dune (pdf 686KB)
- Salt Ash (pdf 510KB)
- Sulcor (xls 1.2MB)
- Swan Bay (xls 2MB)
- Tallawang (xls 2MB)
Tanilba Northern Dune is a sand extraction operation located on Oyster Cove Road, Tanilba Bay, NSW. White silica sand is extracted from this site with approval from the Land and Environment Court (No. 10205 of 1990).
Environmental management plan & audits
- Environmental management plan – May 2018 (pdf 1.9 MB)
- Environmental Audit Development Consent Conditions final report – 2008 (pdf 5MB)
- Environmental Audit Development Consent Conditions final report – 2015 (pdf 5MB)
Monitoring data & complaints register
- Groundwater monitoring criteria (pdf 2MB)
- Groundwater & environmental monitoring data (pdf 686KB)
- Groundwater monitoring locations (pdf 392KB)
- Complaints register – 2017 (pdf 228KB)
- Approval under Hunter Water (Special Areas) Regulation Clause – 1997 (pdf 341KB)
- Environment Protection Licence – Licence No. 11633 (pdf 127KB)
- Licence – Crown Lands Act 1989 – Licence No. LI 316308 (pdf 2MB)
- Lots 11 & 13 Project Approval – Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 – 09_0091 (pdf 2.3MB)
Sibelco commits to undertake an independent review of environmental performance of the Tanilba Northern Dune operation. These reviews will be undertaken annually commencing within the first 12 months of operation within the extension area.
For more information, complaints or feedback, please contact (02) 4028 9300.